Published on April 24, 2020

AHMEDABAD: Gujarat has got one more lab in the government setting on Friday, taking the number of total government-run labs in the state at 15.

Jayanti Ravi, principal secretary (health & family welfare), said that GMERS Gandhinagar has got ICMR nod for the Covid-19 testing.
As on Friday morning, Gujarat has government-run labs include facilities at BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad, MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Government Medical Colleges at Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Surat, PDU Medical College, Rajkot, SVP Medical College, Ahmedabad, GMERS Sola, NIOH Ahmedabad, GCRI Ahmedabad, SMIMER Hospital Surat, STDC Ahmedabad and TB Centre, Surat.

Four private labs having the ICMR permission include Unipath Specialty Laboratory, Spratech Miropath Diagnostics and Pangenomics International, Ahmedbad, and SN Gene Lab in Surat

“Number of tests conducted for Covid-19 are increased gradually. We were carrying out 100 tests daily on April 1 which has increased to 2,963 on April 23. As a strategy to test 100 samples from all districts having no positive cases, we have also collected 4,212 samples in a day,” said the principal secretary, adding that the state currently has capacity of 3,000 tests daily with 15 public-sector and four private sector labs.

Ravi said that the rapid antibody test (RAT) is being carried out in 30 districts of Gujarat. “The tests are primarily for surveillance and finding out the positive cases quickly. The cases would be confirmed only after RT-PCR tests,” she said.

Analyzing the numbers related to Covid-19, Ravi on Friday morning said that Dangs district recorded its maiden case on Thursday, taking the number of total affected districts to 29. The state has 2254 active cases out of which 28 are critical. Except April 22, Gujarat recorded consecutive 200+ daily cases since April 17.

“In 45.5% deaths in Covid-19 positive cases, the patients had multiple co-morbidity. In 38.4% cases, there was one co-morbidity with or without risk factor such as old age. Cumulatively, 83.9% cases had co-morbidity,” she said.

In 9% of cases, there were risk factors present but no co-morbidity whereas 7% of the deaths are such where there were no risk factors or co-morbidity. Out of 112 deaths analyzed, 91 were having either co-morbidity or risk factors.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/gandhinagar-gmers-gets-icmr-nod-for-testing-now-19-labs-in-gujarat/articleshow/75347521.cms

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s